Flowserve Corporation Nuclear Project Engineer in Vernon, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position reports to the Nuclear Engineering Manager and has Engineering responsibilities related to the manufacture of highly Engineered pumps and mechanical seals for the Nuclear industry, including:
· Review and interpretation of customer specifications
· Material selection to meet customer project requirements
· Technical project responsibility including creating complete engineering bills of material and customer/part design drawings
· Meeting project schedule milestones for engineering deliverables
· Interfacing with and supporting other functions to provide technical guidance
· Conducting design reviews to ensure components & assemblies comply with customer specifications and design requirements
· Understanding and leveraging product design standards
· Generating specifications and procedures
· Performing calculations and analysis in support of design efforts
· Identifying and communicating technical risks
· Reviewing and approving vendor drawings and documents
· Providing estimates for Engineering hours
· Providing manufacturing support
· Disposition of non-conformances
· Understanding cost impacts of decisions made
· Supporting technical discussions with customers and other functional areas
Qualified candidates will possess a combination of the following:
· BS in a technical discipline (Mechanical Engineering preferred)
· 1+ years of industry related engineering experience, 5+ years preferred.
· Experience in the design and manufacture of centrifugal pumps and/or mechanical seals
· Demonstrated experience using AutoCAD/Inventor or other similar CAD software for the creation of 2D manufacturing drawings and 3D models
· Familiarity with ASME B&PV Code & ANSI Y14.5 is preferred.
· Experience working in a custom engineered manufacturing environment
· Working knowledge of manufacturing and fabrication processes
· Strong communication and organization skills
· Excellent analytical problem solving/decision making skills and the ability to make timely, effective, fact based decisions.
· Familiarity with or willingness to learn all applicable industry guidelines and regulations governing the commercial Nuclear Industry (ASME, API, HI, 10CFR50, 10CFR21, etc)
· Proven ability to develop collaborative relationships across functional areas
· Knowledge of Microsoft office suite software (e.g. Word, Excel, MS project, etc.).
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Nuclear Project Engineer
Primary Posting Location:
Vernon, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: