Flowserve Corporation Welder in Sulphur Springs, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Trade school or equivalent post high school training
· ASME, ASTM Welder qualifications
· Experience identifying discontinuities and or defects within welds using visual examination such as Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle or UT testing
Expectations of FSSTX:
· Follow and support all required safe work practices of FSSTX
· Work in a safe and efficient manner in support of your team, operations and FSSTX
· Follow and complete all daily, monthly, semi-annually and annual SHEA documentation
· Complete all SHEA training on time, LMS Pure Safety, ISO-Quest, etc.
· Keep work area clean and organized to include all areas of your department
· Support the CIP program at FSSTX
· Follow and support all required operations, FWOs, processes, procedures, engineering instructions, quality and QMS requirements
· Complete all operational training on time, ISO-Quest, etc.
· Diagnose/troubleshoot test failures and repair
· Daily, complete all required documentation such as QIRs, move transactions, test records, non-conforming material records (Red tags), etc.
· Various other operational tasks and shift schedules as assigned
High School diploma or equivalent
Must possess an attitude to work safely with others in a team environment
Minimum of three (3) years welding experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
Pass Flowserve approved welder qualifications in accordance with code welding and engineered Flowserve organization standards for GTAW, SMAW, and GMAW processes
Read, interpret, and comply with weld and heat treat procedures, policies, and blueprints
Use approved welding processes to perform various welding tasks, such as joining pieces of similar and sometimes dissimilar metals, weld pipe to castings and forgings, weld overlays, excavate and weld repair, etc.
Pipe fitting and fabrication of components to engineered drawings
Pass a vision test for acuity (corrected or uncorrected) and color blindness
Read, write communicate in the English language
Work various shift schedules as assigned
Work overtime as required
Use basic computer programs and software
Be self-motivated in pursuit of self and organization goals
Maintain organization skills
Effectively understands and accurately uses decimals to .0001\"
Accurately use measuring devices to include, micrometers, scales, calipers, dial calipers and dial indicators
Accurately convert metric dimensions to imperial
Accurately convert decimals to fractions and fractions to decimals
Recognizes universal drawing symbols and accurately interprets complex drawings
Inspection and safe use of fork lifts
Safe fixturing and handling of large and or heavy materials in and out of welding, lifting and transport equipment to include hoists, cranes, forklift, turn-tables, pipe rollers, stands, lathes, etc.
Following Flowserve approved procedures, the candidate must be able to interpret various engineered weld and manufacturing drawings and perform the following welding applications to XRAY quality standards, on fillet, groove, and open root girth welds using GTAW, SMAW, SAW, and GMAW on metal castings, forgings, plate, and pipe made from various types of metals in all positions.
This is a 2nd shift position Mon-Friday 2:00 PM-12:30 AM
Primary Posting Location:
Sulphur Springs, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: