Flowserve Corporation Plant Controller in Mendoza, Argentina
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Controller Manager directs the financial activities of the business to effectively budget, record and analyze revenue and expenses to ensure proper accounting in accordance with U.S. prescribed Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Local regulations, and Company’s Policies, Standards and Procedures.
Protection of the Company's assets is critical to this job and ensuring proper segregation of activities and assisting the business leaders in the daily conduct of business are essential elements of this role. The focus is to help the Company achieve operational excellence; maximize return on investment; increase productivity, profitability and competitive advantage; generate cash flow and drive improvements in working capital management; and implement and maintain and effective system of internal controls.
• Support business leaders in budgeting, forecasting, cost management and control.
• Ensure that accounting practices comply with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Coordinate the development of financial reports that provide financial information to support business decisions and meet regulatory reporting requirements.
• Assist in the development of and reporting on metrics that assess performance and progress toward achieving plan objectives, programs and projects.
• Provide proactive business and financial analysis, identify important trends and perform detailed variance analysis to assist the operations in achieving its objectives.
• Ensure that sites maintain an adequate system of internal controls to provide reasonable assurance that assets are protected and results are properly reported. Ensure that there are no material weaknesses or significant deficiencies in controls that would require external disclosure under the Sarbanes-Oxley regulations.
• Participate in the sales and operations planning process to ensure that plans and forecasts reflect the business and that gaps are identified early and appropriate actions are taken to enhance results.
• Ensure that appropriate cost accounting systems are maintained and that costs are appropriate and updated on a timely basis. Ensure that costs used for estimating purposes are appropriate and comprehensive.
• Analyze make-versus-buy and outsourcing opportunities to ensure that appropriate conclusions are reached that maximize the profitability of the business.
• Provide appropriate evaluations and analyses for potential acquisitions and disposals, including performance of due diligence as required.
• Support Corporate tax planning activities that minimize the Company’s taxes. Ensure applicable sales, VAT, use and property taxes are appropriately reported, not overstated and are filed on a timely basis. Assist in tax audits as needed.
• Follow treasury policies for credit and collections, cash management, foreign exchange, risk management and other applicable procedures.
• High level of intelligence, excellent quantitative and analytical skills, a broad business perspective with good business judgment.
• Solid planning and organizing skills. Strong project management skills.
• Demonstrated vision and leadership skills. Willingness to take a creative approach to problem solving when the situation requires.
• Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work well with others and function in a team-oriented environment…demonstrated ability to relate to senior management and other internal clients.
• Communications skills, both oral and written, must be excellent. Effective presentation skills are a requirement.
• A listener, with the ability to learn from other’s perspectives.
• Solid work ethic, genuine, participative, reasonable, and patient.
• Ability to function in a changing work environment. Invigorated by change.
• Must possess an inquisitive mind. Likes to ask questions and understand issues more fully.
• Must be able to multi-task between various projects and activities.
• Bachelor Degree in Finance or Accounting is required. Professional accounting certification or MBA is strongly preferred.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of financial and/or accounting experience
• Must have experience working in a global manufacturing environment
• Must have experience with manufacturing costing
• Specific experience in a multi-national Financial Leadership role is preferred.
• Proven experience in troubleshooting and implementing accounting controls, budgeting and forecasting processes, along with solid business skills to compliment technical accounting and finance skills. Team builder who has supervisory experience.
• Must be a proactive and detail oriented individual capable of monitoring the financial systems and controls, and making the necessary changes to upgrade systems and policies and procedures.
• Experience in multi-national acquisitions and disposals are preferred.
• An understanding of Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma is desired.
• Candidate should have experience managing several direct reports and a financial organization. The ability to lead a financial organization, and manage, mentor and develop skills in others is important. Experience managing across borders and cultures is preferred.
• Experience of customs, Excise duties, VAT, Service tax and Audit required
• Advance English language skills are essential
Professional accounting certification or MBA is strongly preferred.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID: