Flowserve Corporation Design Drafter in Kalamazoo, Michigan
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Flowserve Engineering team in Kalamazoo is responsible for providing engineered sealing solutions for various pieces of rotating equipment. The primary role of the Order Engineering Designer is to transform the customer sealing request into something that can be manufactured and delivered to the customer in a timely manner.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Review customer requirements and understand the scope of work for the engineering request.
· Collaborate with the Sales or Application Engineers to address any technical issues that come up during the review of the job.
· Use problem solving skills to identify and find solutions to non-standard applications.
· Apply the principles of lean manufacturing and apply standard product when applicable.
· Create release to order and proposal seal assembly drawings showing the key equipment and mechanical seal dimensions and components.
· Run basic analysis of seal design components to verify proper function.
· Create seal component detail drawings as required to support customer orders.
· Create individual part codes and Bills Of Materials that allow the customer to order the sealing solution.
· Define the materials of construction for individual components
· Interface with manufacturing and other engineering sites as required to support the delivery of our products.
· Work with manufacturing to understand and use the ability of the newer CNC machine capabilities in the design of the sealing solutions.
· Work with the Applied Technical Solutions group to troubleshoot field installation problems.
· Engage in a yearly continuous improvement activity related to either process improvement or a product related activity
· B.S. in Engineering Design Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology or equivalent degree
· Experience in 2D (AutoCAD Mechanical preferred) or other 2D software.
· Familiarity in Autodesk Inventor (preferred) or other 3D solid modeling software.
· Background in rotating equipment, mechanical seals, API Piping Plans highly desirable.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required.
· Experience with design analysis, including the use of FEA highly desirable.
· Detail oriented with a focus on taking pride in quality.
· CIP certification such as Greenbelt or Lean is desirable
· Ability to work both in a team environment but also independently and unsupervised.
Primary Posting Location:
Kalamazoo, Michigan US
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
United States of America
Auto req ID: