Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Application Engineer is expected to manage projects in support of engineering contractors and major Oil & Gas companies worldwide. The AE will also work with a variety of OEM customers located throughout the USA to assist with both Project and Industrial business opportunities. It is a technical and commercial support position involving working with multiple product lines from the preliminary stage of a project through the award of a contract. The AE interacts with customers both internal and external to the company specifically on detailed questions regarding mechanical seal support systems with emphasis in the HPI Market.
The Applications Engineer duties include, but not limited to:
• Responsible for the order acquisition activities for all OE systems for respective area of responsibility.
• Reducing potential changes by getting upfront agreement and providing technical guidance.
• Responsible for developing competitive cost basis, applying approved margins, and calculating appropriate selling prices and lead times for OE systems quotations.
• Generate clear quotations that the customer understands and support OE Sales.
• Coordinate Sales Approvals for project and OEM inquiries as outline in our Sales Approval Policy.
• Assess scope impact of change orders and generate formal documentation to support cost adders and schedule impacts.
• Responsible for sales support of the global Commercial Ops organization, and the coordination of all cross functional activities with Contract and OEM Sales Group.
• Responsible for reviewing and interpreting OE customer specifications and translating customer requirements to an appropriate P&ID, BOM, deviations or exceptions list.
• Assist CSOA Manager in management for all projects greater than $1 million in booking value with EPCs within respective area of responsibility.
• Drive & coordinate actions that will enable FSG operations to achieve orders at the market level price while leveraging our relationships with key end-users.
• Actively participate as a member of Global ComOps team as well as collaborate with other Regional ComOps members to promote strategic objectives & goals.
• Interface with regional supply chain and operations to ensure competitive, “best in class” prices are provided on major projects.
• Coordinate with OE seal Application Engineers to ensure consistency with all OEs bidding on a project. Consideration should be given to OEMs quoting in different regions.
• Champion development of presentation material to promote FSG seals and systems on capital projects.
• Support in “global specification review” for Alliance and/or major customers to insure projects adhere to latest requirements.
• Support in developing project strategy for support systems that will ensure our success on capital projects.
• Interface with end user sales group to ensure Flowserve specification or at least acceptability on projects.
• Optimize our success on projects and maximize our profitability project orders.
• Synchronize opportunities and strategies within Vision Net and GPS databases for S&OP reporting alongside with Sales.
• Degree in Engineering
• Independent worker with good analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, team player with “can-do” attitude.
• Good knowledge of IT software (eg Excel, Words, PowerPoint, etc).
• Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Able to work with all levels of employees, individual contributors and management.
• 2 years relevant experience in rotating equipment and auxiliary support systems for mechanical seals
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.