Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Houston, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Proper application of technical knowledge for valves, electric actuators, pneumatic actuators, valve positioners, limit switches and related control accessories
· Size, select and specify valve automation packages for the petrochemical, refining, and power industries.
· Establish and maintain proficiency with products, procedures and operating systems.
· Timely response to customer and representative inquiries.
· Review all automation orders for completeness and correctness. Must resolve all issues prior to delivering the order to the proper department
· Train customers to better understand our product, update of services, policies, to help them be more self-sufficient, competent, and profitable.
· Correctly apply applicable industry standards.
· Stay abreast of product and customer requirements, supporting the product vision and strategy as defined in cooperation with the sales and operations teams to ensure financial goals and customer expectations are met.
· Be extremely detailed oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment, while prioritizing daily requests and balancing customers’ requirements.
· Prepare professional and persuasive quotations to win orders.
· Synergistic work in a team environment.
· Disseminate un-printed technical information to the representatives.
· Review and approve commercial terms of contracts.
· Focus on target customers to develop a relationship and increase business
· Major project management
· Correctly identify and apply QA procedures to meet customer requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering desired (mechanical, chemical, or industrial engineering preferred); Five plus years of valve automation experience preferred
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts
Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word)
Prior experience with ORACLE a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to communicate with various levels of management, and cooperate effectively with others on the team
Technical knowledge of both electric and pneumatic automation, valve specifications, and engineering drawings.
Prioritization of workload and time management skills are essential as work load normally exceeds available time.
Organization of projects, files, workload.
Ability to develop training material and conduct technical classroom and hands on training presentations
Knowledge of actuator assembly;Installing and calibrating valve positioners and/or limit switches, and related control accessories.
Knowledge of commercial issues including payment terms, shipping terms, and contract review.
Increase business at Flowserve’s Valve Automation Center in Houston, Texas by providing world class (timely and accurate) customer support with technical and commercial information. Increase bookings by providing timely responses to RFQ’s. Increase product shipments by successfully managing orders through internal departments such as engineering, planning, purchasing, quality assurance, assembly, and shipping. Provide technical expertise and support regarding valve automation products including electric actuators (intrusive and non-intrusive), pneumatic actuators (scotch yoke and rack and pinion), valve positioners, limit switches and accompanying automation accessories and systems. Provide commercial expertise regarding terms of contracts, lead times, Inspection and Test Plans and other non-material order requirements. Understand industry sectors such as Oil and Gas, Refinery, Chemical Production, and Power. Apply thoroughly sound engineering practices to successfully gain customer trust and win orders over the competition. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to general problem solving as it relates to automation orders.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Houston, Texas US
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: