Flowserve Corporation Field Service Project Manager in Corpus Christi, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Field Service Project Manager plans and oversees complex aftermarket jobs related to new installations, repairs, upgrades, and maintenance of rotating pumps and equipment for our customers in industries such as oil & gas, chemical, pharmaceutical, municipal water/wastewater, and power. These projects involve technical challenges, substantial risk, and multiple locations across the U.S. and Canada. The ideal candidate will be located in the Gulf Coast region.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Responsible for project planning including activity-based schedules based on the scope of supply and work breakdown structure, and budgets based on estimates from Flowserve and third-party contractors and vendors.
· Ensures contractual requirements are understood and reflect what has been negotiated.
· Gathers all documentation required for the project, including technical drawings, bills of material, and installation/operation manuals.
· Leads project kick off and review meetings. Collaborates with all parties during the project, including customers, contractors, Flowserve field service, engineering, operations, and sales, to ensure that Flowserve delivers on-time, on budget, and to the highest quality standards.
· Tracks progress towards budget objectives. Monitors on-time invoice submissions. Develops communication plans. Gathers and integrates reports, data, and information to communicate regular, accurate status and forecasts to all stakeholders, including customers. Presents project progress to management on a routine basis.
· Identifies and manages risks, and ensures that contingency plans are established for all key milestones, and contingency plans are triggered if necessary. Ensures that contract changes are documented, approved, and integrated into the project plans.
· Captures lessons-learned as they occur, then documents and shares them with stakeholders.
· Demonstrates a commitment to effective, standardized project management. Motivates, coaches and influences team members to learn and use project management tools and to follow best practices.
· Assists Sales Engineers in presentations for large projects and new equipment installations
· Assists Sales Engineers as needed in job assessments
· Assist Field Service supervisors as needed with quoting support
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· 6+ years industrial experience in rotating pumps and equipment, including 3+ years of experience managing large projects.
· Knowledgeable about the industrial applications and operations of pumps; knowledgeable about the repair of Flowserve’s large, high-end, single-stage and multi-stage pumps; laser alignment, rigging, and pump seals.
· Deep in the understanding of project management concepts, with a high proficiency in project management tools and software. PMI certification valued.
· Demonstrated track record of running multiple projects on time, to spec, and to budget.
· Firmly demonstrated organizational skills to break down and sort work into tasks; to identify and order priorities; to establish, communicate, and execute schedules; and to maintain data and files that are current and retrievable.
· A personal style that is achievement-oriented and collaborative, with the ability to discuss requirements and problems in a way that gets results, promotes teamwork, and builds relationships.
· Experience in forming, leading, and sustaining cross-functional or multi-company teams.
· Must present a professional demeanor and communicate with positive impact. Skilled at group presentations. Effective writing skills.
· Excellent ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, and schematics.
· Computer savvy, and a skilled user of Microsoft Office programs.
· Must have an active driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Must be able to travel 50% of the time with frequent overnight stays required.
· Some physical activity required (e.g., walking large customer sites, lifting at least 25 lbs, and ascending/descending ladders and staircases in multi-story facilities).
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Field Service Project Manager
Primary Posting Location:
Corpus Christi, Texas US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: