Flowserve Corporation Reliability Equipment Specialist in Beaumont, Texas
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will be located in Lake Charles, LA. The Field Service Tech / Reliability will provide exceptional customer support during delivery of startup services, field testing, field repairs, and customer training. Responsible for post installation walk downs and verify proper equipment installations. Familiarity with rotating equipment installation standards and API 686 is preferred. Pre start up inspections or pump, driver, and piping, lubrication system checks, seal system checks, alignment checks. Responsible to establish and maintain a strong relationship with customer by acting as a trusted advisor and resource during on site activities. Work closely with Flowserve Service Centers, Sales Engineers, and customers to deliver services and solutions. Be primary contact with Flowserve factories regarding any potential warranty or installation issues. Report potential business opportunities. Maintain compliance with all established Environmental, Safety & Health policies and procedures. Must be passionate about providing outstanding customer service and delivering results.
Duties include, but not limited to:
· Provide in-field technical support in all aspects of the installation, commissioning, start-up, vibration testing, functional and performance testing, training, and troubleshooting on pumps and related rotating equipment
· Coordinate preplanning & scheduling with customer and Flowserve Service centers to assure readiness of pump equipment proactively support all warranty mitigation and improve overall customer satisfaction
· Complete on-site inspections and repairs of pumps and communicate the needs of customers to Flowserve and be the customers’ primary conduit of information regarding all pump repair and field services into Flowserve
· Work through Technical Service Engineering, Product engineering & Corporate Technology to determine “as needed” solutions to pump problems
· Assist Service Centers in the inspection & analysis of pump elements as needed
· Expediting and Escalation of customer issues in the Flowserve organization for accurate and timely resolution
· Provide support to factory warranty engineers by investigating and resolving pump product issues in the field
· Provide daily communication to the Sales Manager, Service Center Manager and Sales Engineer on any issues that arise on site.
· Be an active participant in repair scope development to meet customer expectations and requirements.
· Participate in corrective action requests and take initiative outside area of responsibility to drive quality improvements in the organization
· Present clear verbal and written technical explanations to customers, tailoring content and style to the audience
· Bachelor’s degree, or 7+ years’ experience
· Extensive knowledge of the design, repair, materials, and operational requirements of Flowserve pump portfolio.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to meet both company and customer expectations in support of commissioning of new equipment and troubleshooting. Thorough understanding of rotating equipment installation standards including API 686 preferred.
· Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and site teams
· Have a customer first attitude that permeates the organization. Be the advocate for the customer within Flowserve, acting as a liaison with sales engineers, manufacturing, operations and on-site engineering
· Must exhibit good organizational skills, with the ability to calmly prioritize demands to meet specific high-visibility deadlines and requirements
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, projecting a strong customer focus and a positive Flowserve image
· Computer savvy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required
· Able to travel locally to and from customer site and service centers required
· Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
· Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Reliability Equipment Specialist
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Beaumont, Texas US
United States of America
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID: