Flowserve Corporation Senior Supplier Development Engineer in 900002, China
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Supplier Development Engineer will have primary responsibility of evaluating, developing and managing the operational aspects of casting/forging/machining suppliers.
The SDE will assist assigned suppliers in achieving contracted performance levels, deliver on new product launches and develop capacity and capability to meet incremental business growth. The SDE will focus suppliers’ efforts to meet and exceed Flowserve performance objectives; drive compliance to regulatory, customer, and industry quality requirements; utilize continuous improvement tools and techniques along with manufacturing process control tools and methods to achieve Flowserve KPIs.
While the list is intended to be the main duties and responsibilities, it is not intended to be
comprehensive (other arrangement by the supervisor).
• Evaluate, establish and develop reliable Casting/Forging/Machining suppliers with respects to quality, service, price and capabilities
• Execute supplier development projects in support of Site and Platform programs
• Regularly evaluate suppliers and define improvement plans to exceed KPI
• Provide technical guidance and direction for materials and process improvement
• Manage supplier efforts to achieve On-Time Delivery and Quality performance goals
• Report performance and key metrics on a monthly basis by projects
• Execute programs for new suppliers evaluation/qualification and supplier scorecards
• Maintain healthy, constructive supplier relationships
• Serve as the primary liaison between Sites/SC and Suppliers
• Participating inter and intra-region conference call per request
• Coordinate and communicate across the Flowserve Supply Chain organization to ensure consistent and appropriate mutual support
• Auditing and developing suppliers to achieve strategy plan and operating plan
• Cooperate with Commodity Management to define the foundry sourcing roadmap to expand business
• Maintain a leading edge of knowledge and skills for technical and SCM responsibilities
• Bachelor degree, prefer an Engineering or Metallurgical Discipline
• Minimum of 10 years of sourcing/supplier quality experience in mechanical industries (casting/forging/machining background) showing progressive responsibilities, with a preference to additional experience in machining and welding operations.
• High level of analytical ability to assess and resolve complex, technical issues with creative problem solving techniques
• Project management experience
• Prefer working experience with suppliers, leadership experience in Supply Base management, supplier development and supplier quality roles.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently
• Good command of verbal and written English and Mandarin.
• Familiar of lap-top computer and familiar MS office systems
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior Supplier Development Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.